Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Currently Playing v2.0 [Descriptive]

Queen Currently Playing v2.0 [Descriptive] Crescent's Avatar
    Current game: Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
    Platform: Nintendo DS
    Current play through: First
    Current game completion: "Turnabout Airlines; Middle"
    Current party: Not really applicable but Im more or less being chaperoned by (the ever loyal) Detective Gumshoe as of now.
    Current location: Airport Lobby. Back in America returning from an overseas trip.
    Current objective: To clear my name.
    Thought of the game at the point you are currently at: Interested in seeing more new(&old) quirky characters and all their dramatic outlandish reactions.
    Total game overs?: haha
    Favorite event so far: The appearance of Franziska Von Karma.
    Favorite character: Miles Edgeworth naturally. Play the entire AA series to understand why.
    Random stat you want to include: Sex appeal
    Rate the game: 4.2 so far
    Comments: Assuming the role of Prosecutor, Im loving the new gameplay mechanics that are "logic" and "deduction" and the obvious, playing from a third-person perspective. Not having that awkward separation between the investigative phase and process really helps the flow of the game and the unraveling of the plot as its immediate n allows me to move forward at a more comfortable pace, making it even more enjoyable but in saying all that I still miss all the juicy courtroom (re)action. And Phoenix

Certified tech, come at me! Currently Playing v2.0 [Descriptive] SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Current games: Tales of Phantasia & EarthBound
    Platforms: PS1 & SNES
    Current play through: 1
    Current game completion:
    Current party: ToP: Cless, Mint, Klarth, Arche. EB: HSlice (Homeslice)
    Current location: ToP: outside Moria Mine. EB: HSlice's house
    Current objective: ToP: Make pact with spirits. EB: Find Picky
    Thought of the game at the point you are currently at: ToP: Where are the rest of those spirits!? EB: Totally going gangster with this playthrough
    Total game overs?: a few
    Favorite events so far: ToP: Fighting Gnome intruding on 'his turf' EB: Naming everyone
    Favorite characters: ToP: Cless EB: Homeslice (ness)
    Random stat you want to include:
    Rate the games: awesome and awesome
    Currently Playing:

Chief Inspiring Officer Currently Playing v2.0 [Descriptive] Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Current game: Drakengard
    Platform: PS2
    Current game completion: 97% One final cut scene left
    Current party: Uh, the only ally I ever use is Arioche "Where - are - my children!?!?!?!"
    Current level(s): Urgh, I'm 68, I think.
    Current location: Everywhere (world map)
    Current objective: Hunting down the last of the weapons
    Next Objective: To finish and finally put the disk back in its case and start on the sequel
    Thought of the game at the point you are currently at: The dragon-play is at first exhilarating, and grows to be adequately challenging as the game progresses, I really wish I knew I needed every weapon in the game to unlock the final cut-scene beforehand. Yeah. That would've been real helpful. Other than that, I'm really not one for live-action hack n slash 'em games, but I must admit, this one will keep me drawn in until the very end.
    Total game overs?: Too. Many. (to hazard a guess, probably around 12)
    Favorite event so far:
    SPOILER!!:
    the scene where Furiae's true feelings are revealed by that creepy little brat, Manah and she kills herself.
    Before that moment I didn't quite know what to think of the story or whether or not I should take it seriously.
    Favorite character: The dragon
    Random stat you want to include: I refuse to fight with any weapon besides Caim's sword, or the Death Scythe
    Rate the game: Granted, this isn't my usual type, but I really enjoyed it: 5
    Thought of the game at the point you are at: C-R-E-E-P-Y but mind-blowingly cool.
    ~I'm sorry I haven't been around very much~

The votes are in for the sketch contest. See who won the epic battle here:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...12-voting.html

Blog Entries
    @cyanosuke: Just for the record, the game has multiple endings. One of the "fail" endings is the catalyst for the game Nier. The true ending leads to Drakengard 2, which also has multiple endings.

Current game: Darksiders
    Platform: PSN (PS3)
    Current play through: 3
    Current game completion (if known): 5%ish
    Current location: Broken Stair
    Current in game clock time: 1:30 or so
    How have you been using your in game time?: This isn't actually a full playthrough, it's a quick trophy run.
    Current objective: Get the Gryphon-riding trophy.
    Next objective: Get the environmental kills trophy.
    Thought of the game at the point you are currently at: Yep, still fun. Even depowered War just annihilates everything. I suppose it helps that since it's not a serious run I'm playing on easy and using my Abyssal Armor, lol.
    Total game overs?: In this file? One, and it was a cheap one. Stupid mob managed to knock me off a cliff into lava. -_-
    Favorite event so far: Killing a helicopter with a car! It's like Live Free or Die Hard, only with more demons. And I threw the car instead of driving it.
    Favorite character and why: War, cause he's the protagonist. I forgot how no nonsense he is. Doesn't matter what happens to him, he just keeps moving forward.
    Random stat you want to include (wins, looses, party stats, ect ect):
    Rate the game if you have beaten or completed the game (1-5 stars; 1 being poor while 5 represents excellent): I don't like number ratings much, but here goes: I'd give it a 3.5 to a 4 out of 5. It's a fun game, aside from some distinctly annoying sequences I remember hating. The ending is a bit anticlimactic as well.
    Comments: The lack of a decent new game+ hurts the replayability. I would love to have an NG+ mode that gives you access to at the very least, War's horse Ruin. The only perk you get that carries over from game to game is the Abyssal Armor, if you've collected it. But still, it would be so badass getting to go through the game at full power.
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Currently Playing v2.0 [Descriptive] Xanatos's Avatar
    Current game: Xenogears
    Platform: PSOne
    Current game completion (if known): My gut tells me I'm almost done with disc one
    Current party (if applicable): Fei, Citan
    Current level(s) (if applicable): Fei lvl 40, Citan lvl 33
    Current location: Battle Arena
    Current in game clock time: 18:40:50
    How have you been using your in game time?: There's not much to do other than push forward
    Current objective: Pick up/steal my Gear
    Next objective: Save Rico
    Thought of the game at the point you are currently at: Heard nothing but great things about this game and so far it's living up to it
    Total game overs?: None
    Favorite character and why: Citan. Aside personality, he's better than Fei in every imaginable way. He has noticeably both more HP and EP, learns abilities a lot faster, and has equal if not better stats, funny thing is, he's seven levels behind Fei
    Comments: It's a pretty great game. There's a lot of mystery to it's story, it keeps you intriqued, I'm really eager to find out everything there is about it's story and characters. Love it's battle system, abilities and combos make for one fluid and dynamic combat. Xenogears is not without it's flaws. The camera angles are ridiculous sometimes, as well as are random battles. I feel this game would have been better off with background images rather than full 3D graphics. Also, Fei is really getting on my nerves, his hatred towards Gears was understandable first few times, later on it gets really irritating. There are few more things I don't like, but I don't want to nitpick.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Queen Currently Playing v2.0 [Descriptive] Crescent's Avatar
    Current game: Metal Gear Rising:Revengeance
    Platform: My fat PS3
    Current play through: 1st
    Current level(s): File R-01
    Current location: Refinery
    How have you been using your in game time?: Getting 1st Rank(Gold) on VR Missions
    Current objective: "Defeat Mistral"
    Next objective: File R-02: "Find a way into the research facility"
    Thought of the game at the point you are currently at: ZANDATSU!! Slice & Dice f**kers.
    Total game overs?: 0
    Favorite event so far: MY GOD WHERE TO BEGIN...
    Favorite character and why: Raiden. Why? Play the game(and/orMGS4). His Voice acting uuhh needs work n lol at the Mariachi costume. BTW Ive loved him since Sons of Liberty. Never thought he was a weak character like others did.
    Random crap you want to include: Learn how to Parry n Reaction time is key. Codec's always great. Always helps you understand the story more and still explains things(lotta acronyms u should know) from previous games if you havent played them already.
    Rate the game if you have beaten or completed the game: 4.8-5, with just a few tweaks here and there it could be something truly special
    Comments: This game was exactly the way it was supposed to be. Not a giant MGS powerhouse of a storyline, intense, fast & furious gameplay, and great difficulty options. Exactly what a spin-off should be...a fun as hell game that still keeps the universe intact and even ADDS to it in some ways. Cant wait for a sequel, Day One purchase. PG are one of my favourite devs.

I highly recommend this game to any hack/slash lover. Just make sure you dont suck balls or you'll probably give up 10 mins in. This is one hell of a game.

Death Before Dishonor Currently Playing v2.0 [Descriptive] Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Current game: Dead Island
    Platform: PC
    Current playthrough: 1st time on pc, like my fourth overall.
    Current game completion (if known): Ehh not to much would guesstimate about 10%
    Current party (if applicable):
    Current level(s) (if applicable): 13
    Current location:
    Current in game clock time:
    How have you been using your in game time?: Running around killing the shit out of all zombies.
    Current objective: Take some gas cans to some guy.
    Next objective: Don't know yet huehuehue
    Thought of the game at the point you are currently at: Killing zombies is super fun
    Total game overs?: 4
    Favorite event so far: Smacking bitches in the head
    Favorite character and why: Sam B WHO DO YA VOODOO BITCH
    Random stat you want to include (wins, looses, party stats, ect ect): 1 bagillion zombies slain.
    Rate the game if you have beaten or completed the game (1-5 stars; 1 being poor while 5 represents excellent): 5
    Comments:

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

great share.. thanks for sharing and keep posting!!

I am currently playing
    New Super Mario Bros. U

platform:Wii U

current game completion:%100
    current level: world 9
    current objective:getting all the star coins in world 9-1
    next objective:getting all the star coins in world 9-2
    thought of the game at the point you are currently at:running at a place where I'm about to fall XD
    total game overs:0
    favorite event so far:finding the secret places
    favorite character and why:eh..i'll go with Mario..the reason...mustache XD
    rate the game if you have beaten or completed the game:5
    comments:the music is very excellent,and the levels are easy except world nine which is good for me because I like challenging games.

Blog Entries
    Current game: FF6Platform: PS1
    Current level(s): 37
    Current location: Narshe
    Current in game clock time: 28:39 (that sounds like a lot)
    How have you been using your in game time?: Training, but there's really no need for that. LOL, ridiculously easy bosses.
    Current objective: Just got Mog and the Yeti and am going to look for the next team-member, who could be anywhere [SPOLIER]after Kefka kicked the emporer off that floating land-mass and messed-up the statues[/SPOILER]
    Next objective: After I find Locke, I'm coming back here to open these stupid locked doors *Rarr*
    Thought of the game at the point you are currently at: I like the 'esper's summon and spell-learning' system, the relics are okay, but otherwise, nothing new >.>
    Total game overs?: 3 (I hate that stupid sneezing monster)
    Favorite event so far: Definitely
    SPOILER!!:
    at the playhouse when Celes has to remember Maria's vapid lines

Favorite character and why: Haven't finished the game, but I'm gonna say Gau: His reaction to
    SPOILER!!:
    finding out he has a father and that he'd tossed him away and gone mad was refreshingly mild

Comments: I'm going to try to finish this game before I utterly forget the plot - this's going to be tough...

Registered User Currently Playing v2.0 [Descriptive]
    Current game: Final Fantasy XIII
    Platform: PS3
    Current play through: My second save file
    Current game completion: Completed the Crystarium, now just trying to get my hands on all the accessories and weapons.
    Current party: Most usually is Fang, Hope and Lightning, though Snow and Vanille see a little battle action every once in a while. Poor Sazh....
    Current level(s): Maxed Crystarium.
    Current location: Eden Hall
    Current in-game clock time: It's...getting up there. Spent more time on this game than I originally planned.
    How have you been using your in game time?: Farming turtles for plat. ingots.
    Current objective: Destroy turtles, get ingots.
    Next objective: UPGRADE, UPGRADE, UPGRAAADE!!!
    Thought of the game at the point you are currently at: A little less monotonous than redoing that one mission in Taejin's Tower, but the drop rates are pretty atrocious, even with the catalogues.
    Total game overs?: Waaaay too many. I am not good with discretion in battle.
    Favorite event so far: When I finally took down a Long Gui. Tough bastards.
    Favorite character and why: Fang. She is sassy, cool, and hits things with a big stick.
    Comments: I will complete a Final Fantasy game, even if it's one of the more grind-y and monotonous ones.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Certified tech, come at me! Currently Playing v2.0 [Descriptive] SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Current game: Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
    Platform: PSTOO
    Current play through: 1sts
    Current game completion: just started
    Current party: Leroy Jenkins (Nickname: LJ)
    Current level(s): just started
    Current location: taking to mysterious lady covered in light
    Current in-game clock time: just started
    How have you been using your in game time?: talking to mysterious lady
    Current objective: talk to mysterious lady
    Next objective: stop talking to mysterious lady and actually start the game
    Thought of the game at the point you are currently at: looks interesting
    Total game overs?: just started
    Favorite event so far: naming my main character
    Favorite character and why: Leroy Jenkins because of his namesake
    Comments: Finally got this game, time to dig in
    Currently Playing:

Current game: Resonance of Fate / End of Eternity
    Platform: xBox 360
    Current play through: first, as usual
    Current game completion (if known): beginning of chapter 2
    Current party (if applicable): there is only one party, so: Vashyron, Zephyr and Leanne
    Current level(s) (if applicable): V: 10, Z: 9, L: 10
    Current location: erm, "my" place
    Current in game clock time: 4 hours
    How have you been using your in game time?: mostly levelling and trying to complete the map (I'm a freak, proud of it and f-ing love completing maps!)
    Current objective: go on with the story
    Next objective: still going on with the story
    Thought of the game at the point you are currently at: It is nice to play so far, but it lacks story - there is so much that could be told about the world, but so far there isn't much that WAS actually told.
    Total game overs?: about 5, mostly due to lack of knowledge about the battle system *coughs*
    Favorite event so far: there was none
    Favorite character and why: Leanne; she seems to be an interesting character. But so far, all the characters haven't shown much personality.
    Random stat you want to include (wins, looses, party stats, ect ect): Hm, there is nothing to tell, actually...
    Rate the game if you have beaten or completed the game (1-5 stars; 1 being poor while 5 represents excellent): -
    Comments: This game is one I really wanted to play about two years ago. And I was sooo mad at my boyfriend for buying and playing it when I didn't have the time to play. Now that I've finished with uni, I decided to play it first. I love the steampunk atmosphere of the game and the dystopy. And it seems it's a pretty good game, though I normally don't like guns as weapons. Still, I like the fact that you have guns you can even level up in a more rpg-like game.

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Current game: Tales of Graces F
    Current play through: 1
    Current game completion (if known): Finished main and future arc.
    Current party (if applicable): Hubert (Main), Asbel, Sophie & Cheria (Once Cheria gets 100 titles trophy switching back to Sophie)
    Current level(s) (if applicable): 100
    Current location: Zhonecage
    Current in game clock time: 100+ Hours
    How have you been using your in game time?: To play?
    Current objective: Getting the materials for Asbels weapon
    Next objective: 5000ish Eleth then a NG+ to do a platinum run.
    Thought of the game at the point you are currently at: The gameplay is nice though combos break a little too easily/randomly, the Inn request side quests are boring but the other sidequests are ok. The story is quite bland but the F arc was mildly interesting. The characters are ok, though also on the generic side.
    Total game overs?: ?
    Favorite event so far: Probably the Malik+Sophie skits.
    Favorite character and why: Sophie is moe and easy to play. A shame I can't hear her voiced by KanaHana.
    Rate the game if you have beaten or completed the game (1-5 stars; 1 being poor while 5 represents excellent): 3.5
    Comments: This is my first Tales of game, it got mentioned a lot for it's interesting battle system and I would have gotten it much earlier but I decided to wait for the EU Collectors edition which was nice. A bit annoyed that it doesn't have dual audio but Japan is really weird with their licensing. A shame there is no English Vesperia on the PS3 but I will most likely get Tales of Xillia and maybe the others if they get localized.

Blog Entries
    Current game: Eternal Darkness: Sanity’s Requiem
    Platform: GameCube
    Current play through: 1rst
    Current location: I'm in the Roivas family mansion back in Rhode Island (as per usual)
    Current in game clock time: 7:14:49
    How have you been using your in game time?: Pretty much following the story, there’s nothing else to do…that I know of...
    Current objective: I’ve just finished playing as Paul Luther, that bumbling monk
    SPOILER!!:
    who inexplicably got his head crushed by a bony monster thing? T_T

Next objective: Finding some 88 keys or some such comparatively indecipherable baloney – are they literally asking me to wander about looking for 88 keys?
    Thought of the game at the point you are currently at: I don’t usually fool around with the horror genre - this game could be the reason why. The graphics are horrible – hey, what’d I expect from GameCube? The only redeeming factor I figure, and a vague one at that, is the twisting storyline, which shifts between characters, present (Alex Roivas) and past (individuals who had the misfortune to stumble upon the evil mumbo-jumbo in earlier generations)
    Total game overs?: Multiple. But only because I didn’t know that the red meter is the health bar, while the green is sanity and the blue magic.
    Favorite event so far: When Kareem finds out his unfaithful girl was totally messing around with a noble while he was risking his life to find her "must-have" artifact in a dungeon, and that she’d gotten mutilated and turned into a ghost by said noble’s jealous mistress. His response: “You know what, you don’t look so good anymore.”
    Favorite character and why: There really haven’t been that many clear personalities yet, but I’m gonna say Dr. Maximillian Roivas from 1760 A.D. I thought it was funny watching a tubby English guy tromping around his mansion with two Shot Pistols while his servants slave away in his presence. I thought Dr. Edwin Lindsey was a clear rip-off of Indiana Jones =_=;
    Comments: Why am I playing this ancient GameCube stuff when we have a PS3? Because my sister bought it (along with Lemony Snicket's A Series Of Unfortunate Events, which I finished, btw) and plans to trade it in and I thought “hmm, I should at least play it so I can get an accurate idea of its value…” Sheesh, what an idiot

Blog Entries
    Current game: Final Fantasy XII

Current playthrough: 2nd

Current location: Tomb of Raithwall

In-game clock time? 20+ hours

How have you been using your clock time? kinda exploiting the game to get strong characters faster and level ups. (Early quickenings FTW!) Oh and progressing the story.

Current objective:Get the dawn shard

Next objective:Show proof of birthright I guess? Don't really remember what happens next.

Total game overs?around 4 mostly for thinking I can take on monsters much stronger than I.

Favorite event?Causing a noterity proclaiming I'm captain Basch and telling others not to listen to ondore's lies.

Favorite character and why? this is a tough one for me because most of them don't really stand out but I do like Vaan and Ashe. Vain because I'm partial to main characters. Ashe because she is very steadfast and determined.

Comments:I forgot exactly how addicting this game was. I honestly can't stop playing it. Every single day when I get home, do what is important, and then I wind up putting this game on. Today I have played from the area where you're in the leviathan all the way to where I am now. I am not joking. This game is like crack in a neatly wrapped package for the PS2.
    Currently Playing:

I'm currently trying (haha) to play two games. That's why I filled in the sheet two times. Still, I must admit that I'm more into playing LA Noire...

FIRST

Current game: L.A. Noire
    Platform: xBox 360
    Current game completion (if known): case 15 of 21
    Current party (if applicable): I forgot how my partner's called *coughs*
    Current level(s) (if applicable): -
    Current location: Somewhere far away from the crime scene, as I wanted to complete a street crime
    Current in game clock time: ?
    How have you been using your in game time?: Cases, streets crimes and driving around, demolishing cars xD
    Current objective: Case 15
    Next objective: Probably some street crimes
    Thought of the game at the point you are currently at: I'd say it's a nice game, though I tend to suck at reading people's faces. Still, the idea is nice and I like the GTA-ish feeling about it. The map COULD be at least a bit smaller. And I totally need a navigation system in my car. I saw that GTA 4 had one and now I want one as well ;_;"
    Total game overs?: a few, mostly because I was shot or shot police xD
    Favorite event so far: finding out who was the mastermind behind all those pretty similar murders
    Favorite character and why: Cole... obviously.
    Random stat you want to include (wins, looses, party stats, ect ect): I've "stolen" about 15 cars so far. Yays!
    Rate the game if you have beaten or completed the game (1-5 stars; 1 being poor while 5 represents excellent): -
    Comments: I got this game from a good friend of mine, it was a birthday present, that's why I HAD to play it instantly. Then I thought I'd have enough time to complete it before my oral state exam... and THEN I noticed how freaking long the game is. And now I just enjoy finding hints and demolishing my cars (which happens quite often, to be honest...).

SECOND

Current game: The Last Story
    Platform: Wii
    Current game completion (if known): Chapter 6
    Current party (if applicable): I don't know, I don't think there is even a real party... at least I can't choose who to take with me.
    Current level(s) (if applicable): somewhere around 5, each.
    Current location: Tavern - I forgot the name and I think I was on my way somewhere else xD
    Current in game clock time: about 3 hours
    How have you been using your in game time?: Story. Nothing else to be made, it seems. At least I don't find any side quests.
    Current objective: Going on with the story
    Next objective: Finding some side quests?
    Thought of the game at the point you are currently at: I really expected more from it. Honestly, I expected a good J-RPG like Final Fantasy, with good music, interesting characters, a good battle system, an interesting world... and I got good music. The characters aren't interesting at all, the battle system tried to make a fool of me (really: pre-setting some things is fine; but pre-setting that the player can't attack on his own... wtf???), the world isn't interesting at all... I just haven't gotten into the game so far.
    Total game overs?: None
    Favorite event so far: None
    Favorite character and why: None (sadly, that must be why I don't play it that often)
    Random stat you want to include (wins, looses, party stats, ect ect): None to mention
    Comments: This, as well, was a birthday present. I got it mostly because I didn't purchase it on my own. Still, every time I was in an electronics store, I stood in front of the game and told the game: "Just you wait! The time you get cheaper, I'll definitely buy you! Come what may!" And yeah, it hasn't gotten any cheaper and I was pretty stunned when I got it. And then... it turned out not to be as good as expected. :/ That's pretty sad, especially as I've waited for it sooo long... Still, I plan on finishing it... some day. After playing LA Noire *coughs*

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Blog Entries
    Current game: Golden Sun.
    Platform: GBA via Game Boy Player for the GameCube.
    Current play through: 1st.
    Current game completion (if known): N/A.
    Current party (if applicable): Isaac, Garet, Ivan.
    Current level(s) (if applicable): 11, 10, 10.
    Current location: outside of Kolima Forest.
    Current in game clock time: N/A.
    How have you been using your in game time?: Leveling my characters, progressing story, powering up element levels, finding extra Djinn.
    Current objective: head back to Bilibin town
    Next objective: Head for the mercury lighthouse
    Thought of the game at the point you are currently at: I had to just use an escape spell to get out of that forest? that would of saved me a lot of time wasted.
    Total game overs?: 0 (not counting the scripted lost battle).
    Favorite event so far: It would have to be going inside the Tret tree, I liked the design of the inside and running around on the branches.
    Favorite character and why: Isaac, because I'm partial to main characters in RPGs (not always though)
    Comments: This is a really good RPG! If you haven't played Golden Sun, make sure to do so. Doesn't matter which one you play out of the 3 (even though they do go in order). 2 of them are for GBA, and the 3rd one is on DS. Be sure to check them out!

Pro tip: Don't get lost!
    Currently Playing:

This ain't no place for no hero Currently Playing v2.0 [Descriptive] Tiffany's Avatar
    Current game: Borderlands 2 - Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon's Keep DLC

Platform: Xbox 360

Current play through: Lost count! Already finished the main story, now finishing up sidequests.

Current game completion (if known): Completed and then some

Current level(s) (if applicable): Level 52 Siren

Current location: The Docks of Little Importance

How have you been using your in game time?:
    Finishing up sidequests, farming for Eridian now that the banks have more upgrades

Current objective: Have two raid bosses to get through, once we find more people to co op with

Next objective: Redo in Ultimate Hunter mode

Thought of the game at the point you are currently at: Friggin' awesome! Game of Thrones references out the wazoo, writing and whatnot is amazing. Best DLC for the game so far for sure!

Total game overs?:
    I've died more times than I can count ha ha

Favorite event so far: Having to find "Prince Jeffery" and slap the douche out of him. Hilarious!

Favorite character and why: Ahh, I like them all.

Rate the game if you have beaten or completed the game (1-5 stars; 1 being poor while 5 represents excellent):
    5 stars. Then again, I've always adored Borderlands

Comments: I have been a bit "erm" with most of the DLC for BL2. Captain Scarlett was okay, wasn't a fan of Tourge and Hammerlock's Big Game hunt was dull to me. Tiny Tina's has made up for it all and then some! I haven't enjoyed a DLC like this since Jacob's Cove and General Knoxx in the original Borderlands. Highly recommend, super fun!

Spoony Bard
    Recurring Mini-Boss
    Currently Playing v2.0 [Descriptive] Incognitus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Currently Playing v2.0 [Descriptive]

Current game: Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    Platform: Nintendo 3DS
    Current play through: First for this game. Third or fourth for the familiar AC format.
    Current game completion (if known): Never-ending.
    Current party (if applicable): Me, myself and MY axe.
    Current level(s) (if applicable): N/A
    Current location: on the beach of my town
    Current in game clock time: 10:24am
    How have you been using your in game time?: Catching beetles, making bells, buying silly hats
    Current objective: Purchase more silly hats
    Next objective: Build up my town
    Thought of the game at the point you are currently at: I'm wearing a hockey mask and wielding an axe and this hippo is excited to talk to me.
    Total game overs?: There is no game over.
    Favorite event so far: Destroying SOLDIER #819's flowers (on accident), destroying mine on purpose
    Favorite character and why: Roscoe the black horse. He looks like a chess piece.
    Random stat you want to include (wins, losses, party stats, etc etc): N/A
    Comments: I've never had more fun doing nothing. My house is crazy, I am crazy, my neighbors are crazy---crazy obsessed with shirts and fruit. I like silly hats. GYROID!
    Hero façade. Villain at heart.

Hierophant Currently Playing v2.0 [Descriptive] Taicho13's Avatar
    Current game: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2 Eternal Punishment

Platform: Vita (PSN)

Current game completion (if known): Maybe 70% through?

Current party (if applicable): Maya, Ulala, Katsuya, Baofu, Nanjo (Think Tatsuya's about to replace Nanjo here in a bit)

Current level(s) (if applicable): Everyone is around 45 I think?

Current location: Back in town after the undersea ruins.

Current in game clock time: I think it was 25-ish?

How have you been using your in game time?: Just grinding through the story, I've had to spend a few hours grinding tarot cards to summon personas which can be aggravating sometimes.

Current objective: Gotta go speak with Tatsuya at the Alaya Shrine and HOPEFULLY this is where he'll finally join my party.

Next objective: From this specific point I believe the next big objective is to hunt down Tatsuzou Sudou

Thought of the game at the point you are currently at: Battle system did NOT age well... But after finishing Innocent Sin (and before that both sides of Persona 1) I HAD to play this, then I'll have finished the series.

Total game overs?: 3 so far! I'm amazed, with how difficult it is to survive in some fights...

Favorite event so far: I just love how they're showing flashbacks about events that happened in Innocent Sin.

Favorite character and why: Well, I have two: Tatsuya Suou and Maya Amano. I absolutely love those two out of both of the Persona 2 games. If you've finished Innocent Sin you may know why I HAD to play through Eternal Punishment immediately following it now xD

Random stat you want to include (wins, looses, party stats, ect ect): I think it's called Eternal Punishment because of how punishing the game is. Lol (not really though...)

Rate the game if you have beaten or completed the game (1-5 stars; 1 being poor while 5 represents excellent): Haven't finished it but I'd give it a 4 for its story. EXCELLENT.

Comments: Really wish we got the PSP version of Eternal Punishment in English... Innocent Sin PSP fixed the battle system, having to move into Eternal Punishment on the PS1 took lots of getting used to! I love the overarching story told in all the Persona games, if you have a chance I HIGHLY recommend playing them all!
    Cogito, ergo sum

"my destiny evades me" Currently Playing v2.0 [Descriptive] magewarrior's Avatar

Currently Playing v2.0 [Descriptive]

Current game:
    Alundra and Arc the Lad 1

Platform: PS1

Current play through: First time

Current game completion (if known): N/A

Current location:
    Alundra: Inoa Village, Arc the Lad: Niedel ... Tournament

Current objective:
    Arc the Lad: Arrived in Niedel, Alundra: just got out of the cemetery ruins.

Next objective: Arc the Lad: Participate in the tournament for the wind orb, Alundra: not too sure.

Thought of the game at the point you are currently at: Alundra: fun and challenging, Arc the Lad: beautiful game

Favorite event so far: Alundra: the events in the beginning of the game on the ship before Alundra washes ashore in Inoa village, Arc the Lad: flashback sequences (of Arc's Father travelling)

Favorite character and why: Alundra: N/A, Arc the Lad: Tosh - Total BadAss

Comments:
    Alundra:
    - fun and challenging
    - great story
    - interesting premise
    - great puzzles and dungeons
    Arc the Lad:
    - interesting characters
    - great strategy battles
    - beautiful mix of 2D and 3D rendered cutscenes
    - great story
    - breathtaking animations and locations

Blog Entries
    Current game: Final Fantasy XIII-2
    Platform: Playstation 3
    Current game completion (if known): No idea, but man that's a lot of time nodes.
    Current party (if applicable): Serah and Noel.
    Current level(s) (if applicable): Crystarium levels are hard to describe, but low.
    Current location: Lake Bresha, AF 5.
    Current in game clock time: A few hours, don't remember exactly.
    How have you been using your in game time?: Just getting acclimated to the new game and reacquainted with the battle system.
    Current objective: Kill Atlas.
    Next objective: No idea.
    Thought of the game at the point you are currently at: I'm so confused. SE took in medias res a little too literally. It's also really bothering me that they keep pronouncing Noel like Joel, instead of no-elle, like Christmas. Just sounds so wrong. And the moogle's VA is awful. The active cinematics, as the game calls them, are kind of cool but it also makes it hard to just watch what's happening, always gotta be ready for random command inputs. So far I've gotten them all, though.
    Total game overs?: None.
    Favorite event so far: That badass fight between Lightning and Caius right at the beginning. I'm kind of surprised that Odin stayed with Lightning, what with her Focus completed and all. I hope it gets explained somewhere.
    Favorite character and why: I actual do like Noel, he seems pretty no-nonsense, and he actually makes an effort to win over Serah and friends. It's only his name that bugs me. I suppose I could also say Lightning, it's just that she's not really a main character at this early point in the game.
    Rate the game if you have beaten or completed the game (1-5 stars; 1 being poor while 5 represents excellent):
    Comments: The Paradox Effect is interesting, but I'm not sure about this whole time travel concept in general. Also, Serah is pretty spineless right now. =/ She reminds me of Yuna, and not in a good way. I'm not fond of princess characters, and I also don't like SE relying on them to make a character stay in one spot until the story forces them into reacting, rather than acting on their own. This is why I like Fang so much, she just gets out there and gets it done and woe be the person who blocks her path. Sigh. I miss her in the game and I've only just started.

Blog Entries
    Current game: Chronicle of the Radia War
    Platform: NES/Famicom
    Current game completion (if known): n/a
    Current party (if applicable): Nameless hero, Darus
    Current level(s) (if applicable): 5, 5
    Current location: Forest Town of Zenobia
    Current in game clock time: n/a
    How have you been using your in game time?: story progressing
    Current objective: Stop the duke from cutting the trees in the area
    Next objective: Get to the next village
    Thought of the game at the point you are currently at: Hmm... where do I go now?
    Favorite event so far: battling my way to the top of the mountain to rescue the princess
    Favorite character and why: the main character because he has magic casting capabilities
    Random stat you want to include (wins, looses, party stats, ect ect): n/a
    Rate the game if you have beaten or completed the game (1-5 stars; 1 being poor while 5 represents excellent): 5
    Comments: If you are into NES/Famicom RPGs, check this one out, this is a really good action rpg. Great music, story, gameplay, and soundtrack!
    Currently Playing:

Beat and am still playing Twilight Princess. A fun game with good content. Still have golden bugs, hearts, Poe souls and other things to find. 50 hours into the game.

Consistently Average Currently Playing v2.0 [Descriptive] Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Current game: Final Fantasy VIII

Platform: PS2

Current play through: Technically my 2nd but I'm treating it as my 1st

Current game completion: Barely started Disk 3

Current party: Squall, Quistis (permanent), Edea/Zell/Irvine depending on my mood

Current levels: Squall's around 42, Quistis is around 35, Edea I can't remember, Zell and Irvine are both 27

Current location: The name escapes me.... Estair continent?

Current in game clock time: About 48 hours. I honestly don't know what took me so long, the story isn't that long.

How have you been using your in game time?: Drawing Spells, refining Items/Spells, Carding monsters, losing my best Cards in Triple Triad, getting lost. The usual.

Current objective: Find Ellone in...Estair and Draw Regen from the monsters.

Next objective: Find Ellone I guess. Might go back for the Tonberry and Cactuar GF's.

Thought of the game at the point you are currently at: I'm loving it more than I thought I would, maybe I was just too harsh on it when I last played it. I'll (eventually) write a more detailed response to this in my Blog.

Total game overs?: None through KO, about 5 or 6 from that part in the Prison where you have to reach the end of the walkway in time.

Favorite event so far: I like the attack on the garden, especially when Squall took command. I guess i'll put more of this on my Blog too.

Favorite character and why: Squall. Instant critical hit and Renzokukan kills everything if you get 100%. I like Quistis too.

Random stat you want to include: Squall has 180 attack deals about 4000 damage with a critical hit. Team that with Haste Junctioned to Speed and everything falls before his blade.

Rate the game(1-5 stars; 1 being poor while 5 represents excellent): probably a strong 3.5-4.0

Comments: Again i'm probably going to add more stuff in my Blog but for now I'd to add that I want to try a Level 100 run against Omega Weapon and Ulitmecia once I've beaten the game. If anyone's tried this and has any pointers I'd love to hear them via VM, etc. Or if they have any pointers in general.
    Last edited by Kurt Zisa; 07-16-2013 at 09:05 PM.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Consistently Average Currently Playing v2.0 [Descriptive] Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I know this is double posting but I've been wanting to do this one for a while now.

Current game: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Platform: PSP

Current game completion: I think i'm getting near to the end, although something major might still happen.

Current party: Naked Snake

Current levels: Combat Unit Lv.27, R&D Team Lv.42, Mess Hall Team Lv.28, Medical Team Lv.24, Intel Team Lv.25

Current location: Torture Chamber

Current in game clock time: 24:13:56 over a week or two

How have you been using your in game time?: Completing missions, both main and side ones. Acquiring and leveling up weapons and items, recruiting (capturing) new staff, rescuing POW and firing the bad ones.

Current objective: Survive being tortured (honestly, having to press the triangle button repeatedly is impossible to get past).

Next objective: Escape the torture room, but I have no idea how long it's gonna take to get past it.

Thought of the game at the point you are currently at: I. Love. This. Game. I love this game. Have I said it enough? I love this game. If Sons of Liberty introduced me to Metal Gear Solid, then this game got me hooked for life. I ****ing love this game. Maybe the interactive cutscene parts can be a little annoying (like having to survive being electrocuted multiple times by mashing 'Triangle').

Total game overs?: Too many to count

Favorite event so far: Hard to say, although I do like fighting the AI machines and seeing how Snake deals with the end of Snake Eater.

Favorite character and why: I like Naked Snake a lot more than Raiden, although I don't dislike him as much as other people might. I just can't get Axle out of my head when he talks. As for guns I love the PKM machinegun. With 400 bullets (at the moment) I can just stand out of the way and pour round after round into any big enemy or boss for ages. Too bad it weighs so much though.

Random stat you want to include: Over 300 head shots. Most of them via tranquilizer. Completed 26 no kill missions.

Rate the game(1-5 stars; 1 being poor while 5 represents excellent): 4.5 outta 5

Comments: I really do love (almost) everything about this game, It's just a shame I can't tap 'Triangle' fast enough or i'd be finished with the story by now. Tad annoyed that it gave away the ending to Snake Eater (which I just bought this weekend) but you can't help some things.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Blog Entries
    Current game: Okami HD
    Platform: Playstation 3
    Current play through: 2
    Current game completion (if known): About a third of the way in.
    Current party (if applicable):
    Current level(s) (if applicable):
    Current location: Sei-an City
    Current in game clock time: Err...12 hours maybe?
    How have you been using your in game time?: Trophy run, mostly running down all the Stray Beads I missed. New Game + mode makes it really easy so it's actually faster than backtracking and trying to figure out what I missed.
    Current objective: Sunken Ship
    Next objective: Whatever comes after it...the Emperor I think? Been awhile.
    Thought of the game at the point you are currently at: Not looking forward to trying to get the trophy for avoiding the Water Dragon.
    Total game overs?:
    Favorite event so far: All of it? Okami is an amazing game.
    Favorite character and why: I actually really like Waka. Sure he just shows up to harass you all the time, but by the end of the game when you learn who he is and why he does what he does...man, talk about some serious loyalty. I can't say more without spoiling. I also really like Shiranui and Oki. Amatersu is fine but a little too bland as a character, given the whole no talking thing.
    Rate the game if you have beaten or completed the game (1-5 stars; 1 being poor while 5 represents excellent): 5 Okami is one of the best PS2 games, easily. Too bad it wasn't mainstream enough to get good sales.
    Comments: I finally finished the game for the first time ever the other day. The ending was just so perfect and beautiful that I had to start playing through again immediately to get the whole story start to finish while I work my way through the trophies.

Blog Entries
    Current game: Final Fantasy VII
    Platform: PSone classic on PS3
    Current play through: 3rd
    Current game completion (if known): N/A
    Current party (if applicable): Cloud, Tifa, Barret
    Current level(s) (if applicable): 31, 30, 30
    Current location: Gongaga area
    Current in game clock time: 15:08:45
    How have you been using your in game time?: Mostly grinding
    Current objective: Go to Gongaga village
    Next objective: Head to Cosmo Canyon
    Thought of the game at the point you are currently at: Those turks were pretty easy, then again i'm pretty high in levels.
    Favorite event so far: Gold saucer, fun games and stuff.
    Favorite character and why: Cloud (I have a thing for main characters)
    Rate the game if you have beaten or completed the game (1-5 stars; 1 being poor while 5 represents excellent): 4 1/2, while this game is good, it's not winning academy awards or anything like that, but it is a good successor to FFVI for what it is.
    Comments: I enjoy a lot of playstation games, and especially rediscovering them, and playing new rpgs I've never played before in that era. Oh, and I love level grinding.
    Currently Playing:

Blog Entries
    Current game: The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
    Current play through: first (Note to future self: NEVER PLAY THIS AGAIN).
    Current game completion (if known): I don't and don't care, either.
    Current party (if applicable): Urgh, well, I dropped Martin at the Cloud Ruler Temple and he's...I don't know, preparing to be the awesome king he was always meant to be er somethin...He's reading the Mystic Dawn Book that I pilfered from those hooded ninnies before their leader disappeared into that fiery portal....yes, I know I sound stupid.
    Current level(s) (if applicable): RAAARGGHHH!!! level 3.
    Current location: I'm waiting in the rain before dawn outside some batty woman's house (Bernadette Peneles). I've agreed to spy on her for Glarthir, the paranoid wood elf. I can't believe he's paying me for this.
    Current in game clock time:about 27 hours.
    How have you been using your in game time?: I've been trying not to get lost or distracted. The environment in this game is too expansive and there are so many characters... *sigh*
    Current objective: I'm supposed to be talking to some old fogey about spies sneaking around the temple, but I'm trying to me money first so I can buy some healing potions - darn, they're expensive.
    Thought of the game at the point you are currently at: At first I was really excited because you can design your own character (I chose a dark elf and she pretty much looks like a morose elderly Chinese lady no matter what I do) who actually takes the place of the main character throughout the game, (unlike The White Knight Chronicles - which stunk, btw) but after that initial happiness wore off, I began to get a headache (I tend to get those from certain color-patterns) and got bewildered at the massive volume of content, towns, characters, side quests in this world and pretty much fell into a whiny attack where I played FFVII in a corner on my PSP for three days before returning and repeating the process.
    Total game overs?: Urm, so so so many. probably thirty-something.
    Favorite event so far: When I and Martin arrived at Cloud Ruler Temple and were received with a royal welcome. I just happened to be jumping when Martin started talking to me and remained in mid-air until he finished speaking. Silly game.
    Favorite character and why: Um, you probably mean besides the character I invented. Well, Martin is a really great magician and he never seems to die, so... but there was this one time when he went mad and tried to kill me for several minutes, that pretty much ruined our friendship.
    Random stat you want to include (wins, looses, party stats, ect ect): I keep jumping around, so I guess my agility must be pretty high by now. But I'm pretty sure the townspeople hate me - why on earth did I steal that pewter pot?
    [B]Comments:[B/] Well, the "R" button on my brother's controller is wacky, so I really can't cast spells whenever I want - which is a massive pain in the bum. Maybe I would've enjoyed it more otherwise...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast